FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This section contains answers to frequently asked questions associated with advertising placement in the Moscow metro, production of promotional materials, metro advertising efficiency, as well as some questions concerning the Metro operation.
- Placing your advertising in the Metro (directly or through authorized agencies).
- What is the placement price, terms and time, are there discounts?
- Are there any special discounts for advertising agencies?
- Where can we make promotional materials and a layout?
- What may not be pictured in the layout?
- Is production cost included in the placement price?
- How can sound advertising be placed?
- How can advertising be placed on travel vouchers and tickets?
- How can social advertising be placed?
- Is it possible to organize various events on the metro territory?
- Is it possible to create additional advertising spots at particular stations (usually direction signs)?
- How to become an authorized agency?
- What is the number of metro stations?
- How many trains are there on the line?
- How many cars are there in a train?
- Rush hours in the metro.
- What is the most efficient metro advertising type.
- How many new cars (of the Rusich type) are there on the Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya line?
1. 1. Placing your advertising in the Metro (directly or through authorized agencies)
We are always happy to see each new client addressing his requests to our company! To carry out an efficient advertising campaign in the metro you may conclude a direct contract with OOO “Olimp” for the rental of advertising spots or address any of our authorized agencies. These firms have a long experience in the market of metro advertising and are ready to provide a full range of services for the organization of your advertising campaign. For a complete list of authorized agencies as well as all contact information, please, click here.
2. 2. What is the placement price, terms and time, are there any discounts?
At our company we use an individual approach to every customer and to every advertising campaign, therefore we recommend to contact our managers right away for more detailed and any specific information concerning the rental cost of advertising spaces.
However, you may always calculate the basic cost of an advertising campaign yourself using the current price-lists given in the tariffs section. All prices in that section are given for an advertising campaign with a duration of 1 month (this is a default term used most often for advertising campaigns in the metro), but you may choose any placement duration: from 2 weeks up to 1 year and even more.
For those clients who address our company directly we have a progressive discount scale – the more the advertising placement contract amount the larger the discount.
For a more detailed calculation of the advertising campaign cost and discounts, as well as for all issues associated with reservation of specific advertising spots and contract conclusion, please, contact our Commercial Department managers. Contacts.
3. 3. Are there any special discounts for advertising agencies?
No special discounts for advertising agencies are provided for but there is a progressive discount scale that applies to all customers addressing their requests directly to our company, the more the advertising placement contract amount the larger the discount.
4. 4. Where can we make promotional materials and a layout?
There is a huge number of publishing houses in Moscow dealing with the development of advertising layouts design and production of promotional materials that can be placed in the Moscow metro. Design requirements to finished materials are attached to each concluded contract especially for our clients’ convenience that contain all technical aspects and details.
If you are finding it difficult to select a publishing house our managers are always ready to help you with that issue. Contacts.
5. What may not be pictured in the layout?
According to the existing Federal Law “On Advertising” advertising layouts (dummy layouts) the following contents are prohibited for use:
- fraudulent advertising representing advertising of a product prohibited to be advertised using such advertising way, at a given time or at a given place if it is carried out under the guise of another product advertising, whose trade mark or service mark is identical or similar to a confusion degree with the trademark or service mark of a product in relation to which certain requirements and restrictions are established, as well as under the guise of advertising of a producer or distributor of such a product, i.e. the umbrella brand;
- aggressive advertising that may incite people to commit unlawful actions, call for violence and brutality, form a negative attitude towards people not using the advertised products or condemn such persons;
- advertising similar to road signs or that may endanger the safety of motor, railway, water and air transport traffic;
- foreign words and phrases that may lead to distortion of information meaning;
- demonstration of smoking or alcoholic beverages drinking as well as beer and beverages produced on its basis;
- phrases that alcoholic beverages, beer and beverages produced on its basis , tobacco, tobacco goods, smokers' articles are ways to allay thirst, that they are harmless and / or good for human health, and their consumption plays an important role to reach recognition by the public, professional, athletic or personal success or contribute to improvement of physical or emotional state;
- use of characters of medical or pharmaceutical personnel unless such characters are used in the advertising of medical services and personal hygiene products ;
- unethical advertising, use of cusswords, obscene and slanderous images, comparisons and expressions, including that in relation of sex, race, nationality, profession, social category, age, language of people, official state symbols (flags, emblems, hymns), religious symbols, cultural heritage facilities (historical and cultural sites and facilities) of the peoples of the Russian Federation, as well as social heritage facilities included into the World Heritage List;
- showing juvenile persons in dangerous situations;
- advertising of narcotic substances, psychotropic substances and their precursors;
- advertising of organs and/or tissues of a human being as purchase and sale objects;
- advertising of explosives and explosive materials except for fireworks;
- advertising of military-purpose products, non-military weapons, duty weapons, battle firearms, hunting weapons, including cartridges for them, cold steel arms, defense weapons, sports weapons, signal weapons and other weapon types;
- advertising of goods that are prohibited for production and/or sale in accordance with the existing legislation of the Russian Federation;
- advertising of goods whose production and/or sale requires licenses or other special permits, in case such permits are lacking;
- advertising of goods subject to compulsory certification, state registration or other compulsory confirmation of compliance with the technical regulations requirements, in case such certificates, registration or confirmation of compliance are lacking;
- advertising based on the gaming and betting risk.
There are also special requirements and restrictions established by existing federal legislation “On Advertising” in respect of advertising of particular goods and services.
If you have any doubts concerning the compliance of your layout with existing legislation, please, always feel free to consult our company managers or lawyers. Contacts.
6. Is production cost included in the placement price?
The metro advertising placement price includes only the rental fee of an advertising spot as well as works to place/take down the advertising material and its technical maintenance during the advertising campaign.
You may order your advertising production at any publishing house in accordance with our technical requirements for a particular advertising type.
7. How can sound advertising be placed?
The “Olimp” company deals only with the placement of visual advertising in the Moscow metro.
Please, contact the Moscow metro query service, phones: 688-03-25, 622-15-68.
8. How can advertising be placed on travel vouchers and tickets?
The “Olimp” company does not deal with the placement of advertising on travel tickets. Please, contact the Moscow metro query service, phones: 688-03-25, 622-15-68
9. How can social advertising be placed?
All social-type advertising is placed in the Moscow metro only on the basis of a regulation issued by the Committee for Advertising, Information and Decoration of the Moscow City .
We recommend to contact the relevant department of the Advertising Committee for all issues of placing such type of information in the metro, telephone 957-71-20. Additional information is available on the Committee website: https://www.outdoor-komitet.ru/ru/reclama/.
10. Is it possible to organize any events on the metro territory?
Organization of any events on the metro territory is possible only after the receipt of a permission from the Metro administration to hold such an event.
Contact telephones of the Moscow Metro query service: 688-03-25, 622-15-68.
11. Is it possible to create additional advertising spots at particular stations (usually direction signs)?
At the moment there is an approved list of advertising spots for the placement of advertising in the Moscow metro. Creation of any additional places requires a special permission from the metro administration for their erection. Such permission is issued only when several stages of coordination with corresponding metro technical services have been passed and requires significant time costs.
12. How to become an authorized agency?
Authorized agencies are companies having a long experience of operation in the metro advertising market and guaranteeing OOO “Olimp” absolute performance of its financial obligations.
To receive an authorized agency status a company must provide to OOO “Olimp” information about its experience in the Moscow metro advertising market and guarantee the performance of a certain number of financial obligations.
13. What is the number of metro stations?
As of today the Moscow metro contains 177 stations that comprise 12 metro lines. General statistical data for each Moscow metro line and station are available here..
14. How many trains are there on the line?
Different lines have a different amount of trains. It depends on the total lines length and their load. General statistical data for each Moscow metro line and station are available here.
15. How many cars are there in a train?
Trains on different metro lines have a different amount of cars. It depends on the total line length and its load. On average the number of cars in a train varies from 6 to 8. General statistical data for each Moscow metro line and station are available here.
16. Rush hours in the metro.
Morning hours from 7.00 to 10.00 a.m. and evening hours from 5.00 to 7.00 p.m. are the usual periods of maximum metro load (rush-hours). General data on passenger flows for different lines and stations (official data of the Moscow metro for 2008) are available here.
17. What is the most efficient metro advertising type?
Absolutely all metro advertisement types are efficient in their own way. It is important to select exactly that type of advertising vehicle or a combination of several types (the so-called advertising mix) that will give a maximum effect from an advertising campaign while keeping the budget costs within reasonable limits.
As a rule, board advertising at stations is used for local advertising campaigns organized to inform or attract the attention of residents of a particular Moscow district and/or small sticker campaigns inside cars of a metro train at a branch line passing through a particular district.
For advertising campaigns of a larger scale covering the whole city car stickers at several branch lines are usually used, as well as the network of escalator, way (platform) and light boards throughout the metro territory.
Large illuminated formats – light boxes (illuminated frontals) are very efficient for image-type advertising campaigns since they attract additional attention with their size and illumination.
To select a particular advertising vehicle, please, visit the Advertising Types section where all existing metro advertising types and their application in advertising events are described in detail.
Please, visit the Metro Advertising Efficiency section to evaluate the efficiency of an advertising vehicle you have selected. The section contains research results for the evaluation of the degree of Moscow residents’ attention to advertising, as well as a description of the metro passengers social-and-demographic structure; all information is updated annually.
18. How many new cars (of the Rusich type) are there on the Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya line?
Currently 170 cars of the Rusich type run along the Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya line.
Dear clients, if you have not found an answer to your question, please contact us:
- by phone: (495) 783-94-94, 783-94-95 multichannel;
- by email: email@example.com
Highly qualified managers of our company will be happy to help you and will provide you with comprehensive consultation advice concerning all issues of your interest.